0 Add to Favorites
What you need
- Heat the oil in the sauce pan.
- Stir fry the onion for three minutes.
- Add the salt and oxo cube.
- Add the Alafia tomato cooking sauce
- Stir fry for a minute.
- Pour in 700ml – 800mls of warm water.
- Add the lentil (you may need to add more water).
- Ensure that your water covers the lentils to a depth of at least one inch.
- Cover with a tight lid and cook on very low heat for 30 minutes.
- Check after 30 minutes to ensure that lentil has softened.
- If the pot begins to dry out before the lentil becomes soft, add more warm water to ensure that lentils become completely well cooked and softened
- If lentil has cooked through and has softened, you can stir and taste for salt
- The consistency of lentil soup varies according to individual taste
- If you prefer it thick, you can serve straight away with a slice of crusty bread or fried plantains
- If you however prefer your soup runny you can add some warm water until you get the consistency you like.
- OPTIONAL (Sprinkle a handful of chopped leaves of coriander leaves into soup) and then serve with crusty bread or fried plantain.